Thursday September 25th, 2014
After 6 days of sickness and boredom, my daughter returned to school this morning.
And now that son is also at Jardin d’enfants, let me share you some news and events that have been buzzing around:
- Netflix has launched in CH!
- Second-hands autumn and winter clothes for kids: Troc d’automne in Echallens and in Chéserex on Saturday
- Starting last week, the service area of bus line #25 got longer, now serving from Pully-Gare all the way to Chavannes-Glycines (more info)
- Speaking about public transport, you can now buy tickets via SMS – using tl-live app or normal SMS (more info)
- Now babysitters (those younger than 25y) don’t have to declare what they earn to AVS (up top CHF750/year). It means it won’t be illegal for them and for you) when receiving (and paying) babysitting fee until that amount. (On the news)
- There is a scam mail going on pretending to be from Migros. DO NOT open the attachment
- Gymboree is opening classes at LCIS in Aubonne and will be having a free trial week of classes Monday 29th of September to Friday 3rd October.
- Key English School has opened registration for their October holiday camp
- Disney on Ice is coming back to Geneva Arena in January! We were there for their performance earlier this year and loooooved it! I think kids will get the tickets as their Christmas presents!
- Désalpe (cattle descent) festivities this weekend: in St-Cergue (near Nyon) and in Charmey (in Fribourg). It’s a morning event, and very popular, so plan your timing well!
- Don’t forget to enjoy the Comptoir Suisse (poster above). I hope to be able to hop on the Ferris Wheel this weekend!
- As well as other events going on!
Happy end of the week! xx