by meta on Wednesday September 11th, 2013
This & That Week #37 – Sept 2013
I believe that many of you who followed me on facebook know that I was having a mommy burnt out, thus the lack of post lately. Today I am happy to tell you that I am doing so much better. I was able to pinpoint the problems and worked on them. I even achieved my goal to hard-core de-clutter (see this post) and had taken out 500 items from the house and more than 100 more items will follow in the next weeks! Our (now) more organized house really help me keep my sanity I will still be on recovery mode for sometime, but I’m slowly coming back to this blog and you, so worry not! You’ll see more of me soon!
In the meantime, here are some very interesting things going on this and next week:
- Not to be missed: 2013 Workshops on Raising Multilingual Children by Tracey Tokuhama-Espinosa in St. Sulpice on 19 Sept 2013. I really can’t recommend it highly enough. I went to this workshop a few years ago and what I learned there has been really, REALLY helpful to me. More info here.
- Lausanne Mums & Mums-to-be next scheduled coffee mornings: in Starbucks, St Laurent, Tuesday 17 September from 10:30am to 1pm. They usually sat round at the back to the left. The Lutry Beach meet-ups will be on Tuesday 24 September, from 1:00pm to 3:30pm, weather permitting. (This group is not organized by me, but I used to attend it when my kiddos were still babies)
- The huge annual fair Comptoir Suisse will start this week (13-22 Sept) in Beaulieu. And on Sunday, 15 Sept (traditionnelle journée des Jeunesses campagnardes) there will be many events that cater the children.
- Kate of Edible Art will have a beginner cupcake class, starting on Monday, 16 September 2013 8-9:30pm. The class runs for 3 weeks – 3 Mondays in a row. The cost CHF50/lesson (ideally you need to attend all 3 lesson as you build on what you learn each lesson). Contact Kate at 079 844 52 18 or lausannecupcake (AT) gmail.com to sign up or more info.
- Open house of The International Cottage, a private school in Vevey. Wednesday September 25, 2-4pm. More info here