Thursday March 26th, 2015
- Open house time for artisans in the area as part of Journées européennes des metiers d’art. Friday-Sunday 27-29 March 2015
- Second-hand bike market this Saturday – Terrasse Jean-Monet (Bel-Air above Fnac) – info
- Have you been planning to start running but don’t know how? Je cours pur ma forme has started their training sessions, but still have places in all their groups, and they run in many locations!
- Will you be visiting Expo Milano 2015? We plan to! If you, too, will take the train, check this helpful infoblog
- Have you tried uber? The Lausanne Guide has a code for a CHF20 credit
- A new platform to give away and look for stuff: keepinuse (Thanks Marcella)
- For single mamas with kids 3-8y, Pro Juventute Fribourg is offering a “Cours de vacances Maman et Enfants“, 19-25 July 2015 in Charmey. Cost CHF550.
On the news:
- This week, a school in Payerne goes “no water” – except in restrooms. It is an experience week for the youngest pupils (age 4-7) to learn about the difficulty of living without clean water in some parts of the world. These little ones have to march to a nearest fountain to get water every morning! – via 24heures
- Facilitated naturalisation, may always as easy as it sounds – via SwissInfo
- Libraries on Sundays? Love. – via 24heures
- Woohoo! Significantly lower consumption of alcohol and cigarettes among 11-14yo – via 24heures
- Another good news: Fewer crime offenses in 2014 vs 2013, especially in Lausanne (-18%) – via 24heures
And finally, and VERY importantly, European Summer Time starts this Sunday 29 March 2015 at 2am. The clock goes forward 1 hour, so don’t forget to hit the bed at least an hour earlier on Saturday night!