Tuesday January 28th, 2014
- Super good news: Now ALL Migros supermarkets take all kinds of plastic bottles to be recycled. As a general rule, when possible, flatten them to let the air out and put the lids back on (more info) - original info and above image copyright: Migros/Generation M
- Lilibiggs Festivals pour enfants is coming to Lausanne on Sunday, 16 February 2014 at Place Bellerive
- The indoor swimming pool at la Vallée de la Jeunesse offers ladies-only hours on Sunday afternoons
- The English Bookstore in Lausanne is now accepting donations of used English books. Drop them by the shop or for larger donations (100+ books), pick up from your home in or around Lausanne can be arranged. In an effort to expand literary options, the shop will begin offering second hand books for sale in early March. Prices will generally range from 4-8 CHF. Any unused or unsold books will be donated to local charities.
And a few school holiday activities that you may want to book soon:
- L’écoline’s February Holiday Workshop: “Imagine a Fairground.” For children from 2½ to 9, “à la carte” schedules. Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday will be bilingual. FYI, they also have regular workshops
- InterSoccer Summer Camps. Book by 9 February to get 15% off
- Crafts making at La tête dans les nuages. Nicole the owner speaks English, see my previous post.
- Art Classes by Naomi Middelmann