Tuesday February 19th, 2013
Salut! How did your first days of school holidays go? I hope you and the kids are having a blast. Especially now that the weather seems to be on our side – Yay!
Yesterday we ran around many stores in Lausanne as I needed to buy somethings, and just when my kids started to get bored, we ran into this fire truck in Bél-Air. Their day, made.
Here’s my list for this week:
- The Leman Expat Student Fair, at Beaulieu Lausanne, 13-14 March 2013. Free if register in advance, CHF10 at the door.
- I just learned last week that it’s possible to make appointment at CHUV and PMU through the web (go to the main page and click on “Demander un rendez-vous“) . This is really great for someone like me — as phone call is difficult to make during the day (that is, unless the other side doesn’t mind hearing screaming kids from my side).
- Mary Poppins is coming to Lausanne – 21-23 March 2013 (Just ordered our tickets!)
- Prince will be back with 3 shows at the Montreux Jazz Festival in July. Tickets are now available to purchase (link).
- Brandy Butler, an American mom (originally from Philadelphia) who has very well integrated in CH is now competing for “The Voice of Switzerland“. See her audition on YouTube. Her next battle will be this Saturday on SF1 – can’t wait! We watched the last battle last Saturday and it was super entertaining.
- Bravo, Nicole, for raising CHF16k towards childhood cancer fund!
- Goodness Gracious Foods is looking for more retailers in Lausanne and they need help to persuade independent stores to order their products. For each store that orders, you will be paid 50 francs and also receive 10% of the first order. If you are interested or need more info, please contact GG team directly
Enjoy the sunshine!